Early Cannabidiol-CBD-CBD-Oil research shows promising signs that a product made from cannabis known as cannabidiol (CBD) oil may help relieve anxiety. Cannabidiol-CBD-CBD-Oil is a type of cannabinoid, a chemical found naturally in marijuana and hemp plants. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, another type of cannabinoid, CBD does not cause any feelings of being “high”. Learn more about the potential benefits of CBD oil for anxiety, and whether it could be a treatment option for you.
How Cannabidiol-CBD-CBD-Oil (CBD oil) can help with Anxiety
While some individuals take CBD oil to soothe their everyday worries, others use it to treat more serious conditions like generalized anxiety disorder.
CBD oil is thought to work with a brain receptor called CB1. The exact way CBD oil affects CB1 is not fully understood. However, it’s thought that it alters serotonin signals. Serotonin is one of your body’s chemicals and plays a role in your mental health. Low serotonin levels are common in depression. Not having enough serotonin can also cause anxiety in some people.
5 Benefits Of Using CBD Oil for Anxiety
- CBD Oil can potentially relieve physical symptoms of anxiety such as nausea, headaches, and muscle tension.
- According to the British Pharmacological CBD Oil can reduce learned fear response in ways that are relevant to patients suffering from PTSD such as fear expression, helps with disrupted memory, reconsolidation, and enhancing memory extinction.
- Cannabidiol-CBD-CBD-Oil can potentially help relieve fears of public speaking by significantly reducing anxiety.
- Cannabidiol-CBD-CBD-Oil can help improve mood while relieving anxiety symptoms because it enables the brain to send more serotonin signals, thus reducing the anxiety and boosting your general mood.
- CBD Oil can help reduce signs and symptoms of panic attacks and nervous breakdowns. CBD Oil does this by leveling out the sympathetic branch of our autonomic nervous system.
Sources: Healthline, US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health